The Rotary Club of North Sydney was chartered on 16 August, 1928 as Club No. 2952 with 18 members. It was the 19th Club to be formed in Australia as part of District 65, which then covered the whole continent. The Charter itself was presented to the Club by The Rotary Club of Sydney at a dinner dance at Neutral Bay on 10 October, 1928.
 
Our anniversary on 16 August, 2018 marked the club's 90th Birthday! We celebrated this milestone by spending a wonderful evening at the Royal Sydney Yacht Squadron, Kirribilli, enjoyed with our Rotary friends and families, distinguished guests, and our biggest supporters!
 
        
 
 
Visit from our Founder - Paul Harris
 
Paul Harris, the Founder of Rotary, was welcomed by North Sydney at the first club meeting he attended in Australia on 14 March, 1935. 
 
            
 
 
                      
He later planted a memorial tree (Queensland fire-wheel) in St. Leonard’s Park. It still lives into the 21st century.
 
 
 
Other Points of Interest
 
After meeting at the Milsons Point Hotel for the first 12 months the Club met for 30 years at the Crows Nest Hotel, then for 15 years at the North Sydney Police Boys Club followed by 4 years at the Cammeray Golf Club and since 1978 the venue for all weekly meetings has been the North Sydney Leagues Club.
 
The Club elected its first female member in 1989 (Anne Gollan) who subsequently served as President in 1995-1996. Since then the Club has had a second female President (Jenny Thomas), in 2000-2001 and again serving as President in 2009-2010.  Both are Paul Harris Fellows, and Jenny Thomas has also received numerous Sapphire Pins for her significant contributions to the community and the Club. 

 
Past Birthdays
 
Our Club celebrated its 80th anniversary on October 16th, 2008 in the Strangers Dining Room, New South Wales Parliament House.  October 16th coincided with the Crows Nest Markets which is run by the club so a Birthday Cake and Celebrations took place there.